Tuesday, August 4, 2009

PARTY DOWN !!!!

This is what a "SUGARLAND" party at Duke looks like!!

So, here's the story. Three years ago when Shantel came to live with us she was able to attend school. I would take her each morning and on the way we would listen to my IPOD which has my favorite group Sugarland on it. One morning I didn't have it on and as we got closer to school she says "Mel, put on "Settlin" and I'll be your backup singer." So it became our routine. Every school morning I put on Sugarland's "Settlin" and Shantel would sing at the top of her lungs as my backup singer. What was even funnier is that she had been watching the video on CMT and would do the motions also!

We took Shantel to a Sugarland concert when they came to our area. I was able to get seats 12 rows back.......it was awesome!!!!! Little Big Town opened for Sugarland. Shantel loves them also so it was a really special night. She stood on the chair the entire concert and danced and sang at the top of her lungs!

Last night Sugarland had an hour special on ABC so I asked Shantel on Friday if she'd like me to come up and we'd have a "Sugarland" party. She was all excited and planned the details. Being in the hospital so much means you have to think up fun things to do. Shantel decided we need to have Japanese food for dinner so I stopped at our favorite place and brought up the food. She thought we would also need popcorn so I took up a box of popcorn to pop. She had gotten all her meds taken and treatments done early so we could enjoy the "party." We ate dinner, she showed me her new webkins on the computer and played a game of Yahtzee, which I unbelievable won cause I rarely beat Shantel, all before the concert started. When the show came on we sat on the bed next to each other and sang the songs and laughed.

It was a special time!



Shantel showing off her "rock star"
bad self!

At the Sugarland concert with her new shirt

No comments:

Post a Comment