Thursday, January 8, 2009

Alex


This is my nephew Alex. He just turned 12 and is really an impressive young man! I had the privilege of spending some quality time with him over Christmas. My brother Tim and I got up early and would take breakfast to Mom and Dad at their hotel. One morning Alex asked if he could go with us. I told him we would be staying a while and he might be bored but he wanted to go with us anyway. We stopped and got breakfast and headed to the hotel to eat. Well, we ended up spending the whole day together. He swam in the hotel pool, tried out all the equipment in the workout room, we went for a hamburger for lunch and sat in the lobby by the fireplace to eat, had some ice cream, and I think there was an errand run to Walmart someplace in there. He had the opportunity to go to the museum with the other kids but chose to stay with me and I'm glad he did. We had a great time!! Alex is kind, polite and thoughtful. Thanks Alex for hanging out with me.........now if I could just get you to wear a Duke shirt!!!!

1 comment:

  1. He had a great time too!!!

    Ready for Upward tomorrow???

    We'll be there bright and early!!

    ReplyDelete