Monday, January 26, 2009

S & P....

........AND IT'S NOT WALL STREET!!!!







Shantel and Parker.
Parker is my nephew who lives in Ft. Worth, Texas. When my family was all here for Christmas Shantel and Parker formed a little friendship.....which to me was very cool! One of the things I always have worried about it the fact that Shantel has never had any friends that aren't adults. Her entire life has been in and out of the hospital. She rarely has had the opportunity to attend school long enough to form friendships and when she is in the hospital she is on isolation so she's not allowed with other kids.
The night Shantel came home from Duke for Christmas Parker had stayed at the house to meet Shantel and stay with her and Grandma. Kristy and I had gone shopping and Dad and the rest of the boys went to a ball game. When we came home they were upstairs playing a game and talking. After they left for the night Shantel couldn't stop talking about Parker. She kept saying how nice he was and when she was doing her treatments he left the room but kept coming back to check on her and he even brought her a drink. Of course Shantel is a Nintendo nut so that was right up Parker's ally! So when Parker got his Nintendo for Christmas they really had something in common. So the other day Shantel is playing her Mario game and says with a huge sigh, "I need to call Parker." I said "you need to call Parker, why?" ......... "well, he's the only one who can get me unstuck from level six" Who knew!!!!!!

Thanks Parker for being so sweet and so thoughtful!!! Your a special kid!! I'm so proud of you for being so kind and wanting to hang out with Shantel!!

1 comment: